What is it?
Plastic surgery of the abdomen or abdominoplasty aims to remove excess skin and fat, restore the abdominal muscles and reposition the navel.
It is indicated for cases of accumulation of fat, sagging skin, stretch marks, aging, weight swings, post-pregnancy and hereditary factors. These cases may contribute to the development of a globular and flaccid abdomen.
How is it done?
An incision is made in the lower abdomen and the excess skin and fat removed. The abdominal muscles, which are flaccid and separated are approximated with a suture in the surrounding tissue. At the end of the surgery, the skin of the abdomen is stretched and sutured to the supra pubic region and in addition repositioning the new navel.
Important Post-Operative Facts
- AFTER 7 DAYS End of demanding rest. Avoid too much effort.
- AFTER 14 DAYS Stop walking with short steps and slight bending of the body
- AFTER 30 Days Back to driving.
- 45 to 60 Days Band removal and gradual return to light exercise.
- AFTER 90 DAYS Back to sports and 80% of visible results.