What is it?
It is the surgery performed to correct the wadding ears.
Otoplasty is indicated for improving the self-confidence of children and adults who have forward-projecting ears, or fanned ears. It seeks harmony between the facial features and can be performed from the age of 6.
How is it done?
Through posterior incisions, the aesthetic defects of the ears are corrected, which basically rests on the absence of the previous folds and the increase in the distance between them and the head. The ears then assume a more natural shape and position.
Important Post-Operative Facts
- AFTER 7 DAYS End of demanding rest. Avoid too much effort.
- AFTER 21 DAYS Can sleep on your side over your ears.
- AFTER 30 DAYS Back to light exercises.
- 30 to 45 DAYS End of the use of the elastic band to sleep.
- AFTER 6 MONTHS Final result.