(Português do Brasil) Mentoplastia
What is it?
It is the surgery that allows to move forward and retreat the chin to the position considered ideal, restoring the harmony and beauty of the facial profile.
More common in people with retracted chin, who wish to advance chin to a position more compatible with their profile. It can be associated with rhinoplasty being called a perfiloplasty.
How is it done?
The most performed surgery corrects the recoil of the chin, performed from the inclusion of 1 to 2 cm of silicone prostheses just below the chin (or inside the mouth), filling the region and proceeding the advancement.
Important Post-Operative Facts
- AFTER 7 DAYS Go back to talking and laughing unreservedly.
- AFTER 14 DAYS End of demanding rest. Avoid too much effort.
- AFTER 30 DAYS Return to light physical exercises.
- 30 to 45 DAYS End of the natural swelling of the chin.
- AFTER 6 MONTHS Final result.