What is it?
It is the surgical procedure that performs the correction of the male mammary glands that have become too large. The aim of surgery is to return the patient to a more masculine chest, in view of the possible aesthetic and psychological problems associated with this abnormality.
Male breast reduction surgery is indicated in cases of excess mammary glands in men, especially in younger men.
How is it done?
The surgical technique will depend on the size of the gland and the amount of excess skin. For patients who have enlarged breasts because of fat, liposuction is used. When the patient presents both excess fat and gland, liposuction and partial removal of the mammary gland through a half-moon scar positioned on the lower portion of the nipple are used.
Patients with large gynecomastia, with excess fat, gland and skin, use liposuction, partial removal of the gland and resection of the skin.
Important Post-Operative Facts
- AFTER 7 DAYS End of demanding rest. Avoid efforts and do not raise your arms.
- AFTER 14 DAYS Go back to driving.
- AFTER 30 DAYS Gradual return to exercises and light walking.
- 30 TO 45 DIAS End of the use of the post-surgical mesh.
- AFTER 9 MONTHS Final result.