What is it?
It is one of the most performed surgeries worldwide and consists of breast augmentation through the implantation of silicone prosthesis.
Breast augmentation, also known as breast prosthesis surgery, is indicated for patients with small breasts or who after breastfeeding had a large reduction in breast volume, without breast ptosis (breast fall).
How is it done?
The prosthesis can be placed in 3 different ways: below the gland, below the muscle or below the muscular fascia, depending on the case.
In the last years there has been a major technological advance of the pharmaceutical industry producing silicone prosthesis. The currently used are of the fifth generation, which are characterized by a stronger coating and a silicone gel of high cohesiveness, which reduces the risk of leakage and contractures , a factor responsible for the main complications. Due to this, the durability is much longer, there is no longer a time limit for the replacement of the prosthesis, but generally after 12 to 15 years it is recommended to be replaced.
Important Post-Operative Facts
- AFTER 5 DAYS End of demanding rest. Avoid too much effort and do not raise your arms.
- AFTER 10 DAYS Take light walks.
- AFTER 45 DAYS Gradual return to the exercises.
- 45 to 60 DAYS End of the use of the post-surgical bra and can sleep face down.
- AFTER 6 MONTHS Final result.